I spent almost a year working with original blueprints, and measuring full size locomotives to produce what we feel is a fantastic representation of the F7. This project started as a plan to build an E8… Well its much easier to build an F7 first, so thats what I did, and this is the result of that. I built this for myself, and have had so much positive response that I sold this unit, and am building a few more for myself. I might offer in the future, a kit that includes the basic parts and castings for those that want to do something a little different.
Here are some details about the unit:
- Full Steel welded frame with channel running the full length of the unit, and a 5/16″ steel deck where all batteries and controls are mounted.
- Removable welded steel body with inner frame for support. Light enough that 2 people can easily move it around for maintenance.
- All laser cut steel parts for exceptional accuracy and looks
- Perfectly Detailed Nose, including headlight and numberboards
- Welded fuel tank and battery box assembly setup for speakers
- Welded front pilot assembly
- Removable roof panels for easy access to inside unit, including fan castings and welded exhaust stacks
- Full length side skirts
- True Stainless grill assemblies
- Dynamic fan hatch
- Door headlight for unit equipped with Mars